Sunday 2 March 2014

The (very) thin blue line

This is a reflective post as I wrote it when I was 4 weeks pregnant and had just found out that number 3 was being cooked! 

The thin Blue Line

So if like us the household budgets need to be given some TLC then you might consider buying cheap pregnancy tests.  DON'T!!  They do work but we went through several this week after the realisation that our plan might have worked this month... But we weren't quite sure.  There were several almost definite negative tests, followed by those... "I think there's a line but I'm not sure" - Let's compare it to the one that isn't used.  Umm, still not sure... Put it under the light.  Nope there was nothing for it we had to spend another £10 - Yes £10 for a stick to pee on to see the word "pregnant" flash up!!  This one also came with a blue line test which I also did and I can confirm that the clearblue blue lines do show up more than own brand, who knew eh?!  So finally I did see the word "pregnant" - Hooray!! Number 3 is in there!!



What's next

So obviously we've been through this twice before and I am just as excitd but it is a different excited.  Unlike last time where I was worried about the right thing with the age gap (15 months between 1 and 2) I feel comfortable that we're doing the right thing.  Yes there will be 3 under 3 but it will be hectic what ever the age gap and to be honest it just feels right.  But whilst I'm excited I'm nervous, not about the baby but the first trimester.  With number 1 I was exhausted and sick a few times, with number 2 I was sick - a lot and just as number 1 had started crawling too.  So I'm nervous that I have to look after 2 children, work full time and hide my pregnancy.  I really don't want to be sick, it's horrible and really takes over your life.  But then at the same time at least it's usually a good sign that your body is doing something and at the moment I don't have any of that.  Well, I'm more tired but is that just in my head or am I actually getting more tired?  But my boobs don't hurt which is great because I remember needing a metre perimeter around them when they do hurt but at the moment I don't have any of these feelings of pregnancy.

Ok... Maybe that last point is a lie.  I do feel like the hormones are doing their worst.  And by worst I really do mean it.  I have very little patience suddenly - My poor 2 year old has had heard that she's "testing my patience" several times each hour and my husband has borne the brunt of it.  Of course I should say sorry but no I'm too much of a hormonal bitch to ever admit to him that I'm being a bit more unreasonable than usual and that he isn't annoying me, of course he actually is annoying me but sometimes I can put up with it more than right now.

So at the moment it's happy days although I am already missing Friday drinks.  But it's also the time to be cautious and not get carried away.  Hopefully everything will "go to plan" and at 12 weeks we'll be presented with a grainy scan of a little being with a healthy beating heart etc but at the moment that seems a very long way away.

No comments:

Post a Comment