Monday 19 May 2014

Knowing what to do for the best

Growing up there was always one person who knew best. My mum. Never faltering or seemingly questioning what was best but always knowing and going with her gut instinct. Perhaps it was because I was number 3 or perhaps it was a front, parents are often good at having a front for their kids. I'm not quite sure whether I've perfected this front or not or whether my kids will just know that I'm feeling clueless most of the time. 

I never know when I should call the doctor or not, never wanting to come across as a panicker. And sometimes I just don't know what's wrong. Like at the moment I am very much clueless. My son who is a year keeps having recurrent sickness. Just once in the day but it's been 3 times in the last week, plus many unsavoury nappies. However there is no fever and he's coming out of a grumpy phase and is really happy at the moment. Obviously we're having to'ing and fro'ing with nursery and I've made a doctors appointment but it's not until next week so I'm full of questions. The main one being "what the hell is wrong" and "shall I go to the doctors tomorrow" and mainly "would should I do for the best". It's giving me sleepless nights and it's times like these that not having a mum anymore really hits home - the person who was always calm and knew what to do isn't here leaving me feeling a bit like a train crash! 

I am going to be decisive and go to the doctors, the poor boy shouldn't be going through this especially as he's already literally had a raw deal on the skin front (probably all connected) and perhaps I will just cry in front of them instead of alone in my room to make them take me seriously. Wish me luck, I'll keep you informed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment