Saturday 8 March 2014

5 weeks pregnant

This post was written when I was 5 weeks pregnant so it's a reflective look at how I was feeling. I think nervous sums it up! Now I'm around 17 weeks and feeling good, long may it continue!! 

So this week has been a mixed bag. I'm tired but it has been my first week of both children in full time nursery and my third week back at work and the workload is really ramping up.

At times, even a lot of time I can forget I'm pregnant which is great as I don't feel like I'm lying to people which I hate. But then of course you just hope everything is ok. But if the next few weeks are like this then I'm laughing! A few waves of nausea and smells turn my stomach a little more than usual but I can cope with that. There have been a few downs though. This week saw me crying in the toilets in work one morning and I know the hormones are really playing havoc with my mind!

Have to be honest I'm not feeling like having my usual coffee! 

I'm also nervous. Next week is week 6, the key week where normally the sickness and tiredness really start. Fingers crossed it will all be ok. I also have my doctors appointment which I'm looking forward to. Although we want to have the baby at another hospital outside of our authority, we did this with our first two and it was fine but does add a bit of extra complication into the system. I have suggested to my husband we go to he local one (actually only 2 miles closer, in a town centre and next to a football stadium which makes the other one actually quicker to get to) but he wasn't keen. It's fine, I love where I gave birth twice but with it being number 3 I do want to make life as simple as possible.

Onwards to the next week - I say week but I'm definitely taking it a day at a time. Hopefully it's not TMI but I do get nervous every time I go to the toilet that they're be something there signifying something has gone wrong. I know I was like this with the first two and it just shows that some things don't change with number 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment