Tuesday 18 February 2014

Free guilt service with your eye test

I thought I should get my eyes checked before returning to work as I knew that I needed new glasses from the headaches I've been getting lately.  So I went along and had my eyes checked, brilliant but did you know that you can now get a free guilt service along with your eye test? Actually since my eye test was also free I felt like I must have won the lottery or something to be given so many freebies in one morning!  Let me explain about this free service but I will caveat that it probably isn't constrained to opticians I think you can get this service in a variety of places...



Optician "So you're going back to work soon?" 
Me "Yes, next week"
Optician "How many hours will you be on the computer"
Me "8"
Optician "Full time or Part time"
Me "Full time" (just so you get the full effect I pull a sad face here)
Optician "And you say you've got another child? What are you doing with the children"
Me "They're going to nursery"
Optician "Wow, that's expensive isn't it.  It'll hardly be worth going back will it?"
Me "Umm, yes but needs must..." I tail off here because yes we will have hardly any money after but I don't really have a choice and my financial status or lack of is none of her business.  I then decide I must be having a particularly scruffy looking day and obviously look like I can't afford it.

Later on..
Optician looking at my baby "Oh you poor boy, you'll be going to nursery full time you won't see mummy anymore" then looking at me "You're going to miss out on so much, in a year you won't recognise him he'll have changed so much and you will have missed it all"
Me.... Speechless.

So everyone if you want to have the free guilt service with your eye test I can point you in the right direction (ish, I haven't got my new glasses yet!).  And if anyone else has found where else you can get a guilt service do let me know because I do love someone trying to make me feel worse than I already do... Honestly I do, I think it's so brilliantly wonderful that people just speak without thinking and even without having met you before manage to make you feel terrible.  Luckily I just shrugged her off and didn't actually feel guiltier because I know the children are going to have a wonderful time at nursery and learn so much but it's me that's losing out and there is no point worrying about what you can't control.

Would love to hear about any free guilt services you've received too.

Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment