Monday 2 June 2014

Baby brain

Baby brain, does it really exist? Not sure I can answer that scientifically but it is my current go to excuse for my poor memory. But whether this is baby related or just due to being on the go all the time; 2 kids, full time work and pregnant it's a lot going on.

It might have its downsides but I'm trying to use these mishaps as an excuse to laugh at myself and share funny stories. The only problem is that I have to write them down as guess what? I forget them!!
I've mentioned previously things that I had forgotten: my daughters coat, laptop, lost mobile etc but I have more to add. One of the funniest is a recent bathtime with my son. Whilst he was in the bath I was wondering what these dark things were that kept appearing in the bath. I then realised that I hadn't taken his socks off! Poor boy having a bath with socks on. A downside and serious side effect was that I forgot his jabs. At this point I pointed out to my husband that perhaps child appointments shouldn't just be my remit. He agreed and luckily sorted the appointment and took him along, phew. 

Luckily most of the forgetful moments don't have consequences and I have people to remind me about things. For exams my friend who reminded me about the fact that we were going to see Peppa Pig on stage later that week. Oh dear - not of had I forgotten the date, I had forgotten all about the booking like it had been erased from my memory! After changing a midwife appointment and booking a days holiday from work we got there and I had a lovely day with my daughter. 

We got to Peppa Pig with a little bit of reminding from friends. 

I would love to know - is this just me? Or does anyone else have funny stories on baby brain to tell? 

1 comment:

  1. I most definitely have a baby brain! I think putting wetwipes away in the fridge proved it for me xx

    ReplyDelete