Saturday 26 April 2014

Long days, quick years

So yesterday saw my son, number 2 child turn 1. Wow, how did that happen?! It shows the saying "long days, quick years" is certainly true in parenthood. There's those days that you're begging for bedtime to come a bit quicker and yet when you reach milestones like birthdays you really can't believe it's come round that quick. 

I'm sure this year went quicker than my daughters first year and not just because we have two children. My boy was a big 8lb13 when born and was 13lb11 by 6 weeks. He didn't look like a newborn for anytime at all and that made it go quicker. My daughters appearance also dramatically changed over her first year but the boy? He's kind of always just looked like him. If you look at pictures of my daughter in that first year you'd struggle to realise it was her but he hasn't really changed, just got bigger. This is good in a way because he was very cute!! 

The chunky monkey at 6 weeks. 


I have to say that this has been the best year ever. Yes some tough days and not so fun being back at work now but being blessed enough to have two happy and healthy children has made us very happy parents. As I've said before I was so apprehensive about the age gap but now I know it was the best decision we could have ever made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment