Wednesday 12 February 2014

Midweek Meal Makeover 6/52 "Posh" Beans on toast

This weeks new meal actually happened by accident so again forgive me for the poor photos as my husband mentioned just before I tucked in that it could be the "new meal" for this week so I quickly whipped out my phone to take a picture!

So it was Sunday night and we were feeling lazy so my husband suggested beans and egg on toast... Great I thought that will do us apart from the fact that we had one egg and no baked beans in the cupboard.  So I decided after spotting some butter beans in the cupboard I decided on posh beans on toast and made up the recipe as I went along and it went a bit like this...


  • Gently cook a couple of red onions
  • Add Garlic
  • Add 1/2 carton of passata
  • Add thyme, basil, teaspoon of sugar, teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
  • Add butter beans
  • Simmer for a few minutes
  • Serve on toast






Ok, it wasn't the most inspiring or technically challenging meal but it was yummy and healthy! We enjoyed our quick and easy supper so it's another one to be repeated!

No comments:

Post a Comment